J&M Products Mustang S550 IRS Rear Vertical Links Black Anodized With Spherical Bearings
Suits Mustang S550 2015-2018 5.0L GT and EcoBoost
IRS Rear Vertical Links Black Anodized With Spherical Bearings
Suits 2015-2018 Mustang S550 5.0L V8 and EcoBoost
2015-2018 Mustang IRS Rear Vertical Links Black Anodized With Spherical Bearings J&M Products, J&M Products has designed and manufactured all new Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links for the 2015-2018 Mustang S550 GT, EcoBoost and V6 constructed from aircraft grade 6061-T6511 aluminum. These all new Vertical Links feature super high strength spherical bearings and incorporate CNC machined billet tapered and reducer bushings for the perfect bolt-in fit. The use of our specially designed spherical bearings instead of standard bushings provides a vertical link that eliminates deflection and provides consistency in the rear suspension geometry under the most demanding conditions.
Unique to these vertical links are the special built to J&M Products specification spherical bearings that are utilized at the subframe/suspension mounting locations where traditionally the bushings are made from delrin or a polyurethane material. Available finishes are bare machined aluminum, red and black anodized.
The spherical bearings are made from 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball; the bearing race is heat treated 4340 chrome moly with a load rating of 78,000 psi when most others are rated at 48,000 psi. The bearing liner is not the typical PTFE liner but rather made from a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder giving it great load capacity and longer wear; this is the same liner material that is used in modern ball joints for a maintenance free long life.
We weighed the 2015-2018 Mustang IRS Rear Vertical Links Black Anodized With Spherical Bearings J&M Products, here is the scoop:
Stock 740 grams or 1.631 pounds each.
J&M’s 591 grams or 1.302 pounds each.
That’s a 149 gram difference!
2015-2018 Mustang IRS Rear Vertical Links Black Anodized With Spherical Bearings J&M Products:
• Available bare aluminum finish, red and black anodized finish
• Lifetime Guarantee
• Reduces wheel hop
• Installs easily, with basic hand tools
• Provides better handling characteristics
• Will not flex under load
• Bearing liner is attached with a thin sintered bronze wire net impregnated with PTFE powder, same as modern ball joints for a long lasting trouble free bearing
• 52100 heat treated steel/hard chrome plated ball
• Bearing race is heat treated 4340 chrome moly
• Increase traction/reduces factory bearing deflection
• Creates more predictable straight line handling and cornering stability
• 149 Grams lighter each than the factory pieces.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other American Speed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.